Public Voting for the Inaugural Digital Impact Awards Africa kicks-off
Kamplala, July 16, 2014: Public voting for the inaugural Digital Impact Awards Africa, #DIAA, has today opened. The winners of the different Digital Impact Awards Africa #DIAA categories will be decided by a Jury of Experts and by Public Vote. The inaugural awards event will be held on 22 August 2014. DIAA aims to: discover, promote, encourage and reward innovation and best practices for mobile, web, social, digital finance and cybersecurity applications. The general public can cast their vote on the project website accessible vote link https://www.digital-impact-awards.com/vote/.
For several awards categories, the public vote will contribute 30% in deciding the winner. 70% of the vote will be contributed by a jury of experts. People’s Choice Video Commercial of the Year on YouTube category will be fully decided by the public vote. The following is the detail elaboration of how winners will be decided.
- The Awards Jury and Research Panel vote will contribute 70% in deciding winners for some categories. The Jury and research panel comprises of jurors with extensive knowledge and experience in ICT roles such as entrepreneurs, innovators, academic, consultants, policy makers and thought-leaders.
- General Public vote will contribute 30% in deciding winners for some of the categories.
- “People’s Choice Video Commercial of the Year on YouTube” category will be decided entirely (100%) by public vote.
- The following categories will be entirely (100%) decided by the Jury.
- Best Digital Financial Service
- Best Digital Financial Service Innovation
- Best E-Service
- Best Corporate Cybersecurity Practice
- Best E-Health Product
- Best E-Agriculture Product
- Best E-Learning Product
The Awards ceremony will be held on 22 August 2014. Tickets go for 100,000/-.per head and 1,200,000 for a table of 8 people.