Mobile banking is a service provided by a bank or other financial institution that allows its customers to conduct a range of financial transactions remotely using a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet, and using software, usually called an app or USSD provided by the financial institution for the purpose.
“Digital Impact awards Africa #DIAA2017 Best Mobile Banking category looks at innovations in mobile banking that have been brought to market by banking institutions” noted Innocent Kawooya, CEO HiPipo. He added that “this category looks at Mobile Apps, USSD/SMS applications and integration of these services with Mobile Money systems operated by telecom operators.”
The nominees for Best Mobile Banking are;
- Bank of Africa
- Barclays Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank
- Diamond Trust Bank
- Equity Bank
- Pride Microfinance
- Stanbic Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank .
All nominees have greatly contributed to innovation and adoption of mobile banking however the finance institution that will walk away with the overall award will be one with the Best Mobile Banking practice in terms of providing needed functionality, reliability and security of service and applying best practices. A summary of the mobile baking features/tools to be further assessed for each nominee are.
- Mobile App
- USSD/SMS APP
- Mobile Money Integration (Push/Pull)
- Marketing focus and reach for the mobile banking offering
- Impact to customers
Attend #DIAA2017 Event at Kampala Serena Hotel on 21-22 September 2017
- Event Attendance(Tickets/Tables): #DIAA2017 is one of the most anticipated events of the year to celebrate digital excellence in Africa. #DIAA2017 gala night guarantees excitement and invaluable networking opportunities with the best digital and financial pros.
- Exhibition opportunitiesare available. Book your space now.